Friday, July 1, 2011

This summer is flying by, and I don't like it one bit! It has been very different than I expected, but still enjoyable. Even though I have been at home quite a bit, I don't feel like I have spent much time with my family, which makes me sad because this could be my last summer living at home (unless I turn into a bum after I graduate and keep living with my parents, which wouldn't be all that bad). I also haven't spent any time with friends, even though I don't have very many here anymore. It's been hard because after work, I just want to go home and relax, but that shouldn't be an excuse because I have a few great friends here who I really want to spend time with. I need to be better about taking the initiative in friendships instead of waiting for them to make plans. My eating has been up and down this summer. It has definitely not been where it should be because of some recent bingeing, Sometimes I wonder if this viscous cycle will ever end. This week has been really good, though, and after talking to Haley ( a teammate) and Matt, I feel a lot better. Matt and I are both going to cut out eating past 9:00, which has helped me a lot in the past, and doing it with him will help hold me accountable. My running has also been up and down because of my knee. This week has been pretty good, except for some weakness I have been feeling during the second half of my runs. I really hope it's not my iron, but I have been taking plenty of it the past few days just in case that's what it is.
My dad scheduled a vacation at the beach for the second week in July! I am super excited because I absolutely love the beach and haven't been since high school. I am super bummed that Matt and Paul and Heather can't come, but I am really looking forward to spending a week with my family relaxing by the ocean!
I no longer have to worry about the GRE. I took the test Tuesday and am pretty satisfied with my score (1270). Hopefully that is good enough because I don't want to have to take it again.
Looking forward to a steak dinner with my family tonight! Getting in some red meat! Hopefully it will be good fuel for my long run tomorrow!

3 comments:

Damie said...

Glad you got that GRE over!!! :) Yea!!! Yes- let's go run. What kind of running are you doing right now? I would LOVE to meet up!!!!

Conrad said...

Loren! I am the exact same way with needing to take initiative in the friendships thing. I always come home from work and just sit here and later complain about not having a life or friends here haha and congrats on the GRE! I think that's a great score and would be happy to get that! haha

Melita said...

Yay for being done with the GRE! That's awesome! I'm glad you are getting to spend some time with your folks at the beach. Have a great time, but don't forget to come back to Starkville in August, because I sure do miss you! Talk to you soon.