Saturday, June 18, 2011

Starkville for a Week

I'm in Starkville for the next week to help with a food camp. It has been so great to see some of my friends who are here this summer. Last night I had dinner with my best friend, Renee. We had such a great time catching up on life. I miss her a ton, but it's good to know that when we get together it's like we haven't been apart at all. This morning, I did my long run with Renee, Anna, Christina, and Haley at the Refuge. I had 10 miles, and it went pretty well (besides being swarmed by horseflies the entire time). Unfortunately, the last 25-30 minutes weren't great quality because of my knee. I'm not going to go into detail with my knee pain because I am just so tired of it, but in a few words, it has been pretty bad this week because it has been locking up at random times when I try to straighten it, which is very painful. I may be seeing the doctor on Tuesday.
I could have gone home for the weekend, but I am studying for the GRE, and I know if I were home I would not get much studying dones. I got a lot of studying done today (and still have some more to do tonight). These vocab words are crazy. I have never heard of most of them. Hopefully I will be able to retain all the information I am studying.
Next week is going to be exhausting. I am working at a kid's food camp, and another girl and I will be in charge of 8 kids. I work from 7-6 everyday, and will be doing my runs before camp and studying after. I am preparing myself to be dead by next Friday, but hopefully it will be enjoyable. Fortunately, next week is a recovery week for running.
I am really looking forward to my date with Sarah at City Bagel in the morning and hearing Chip preach at church!

1 comment:

Renee said...

i really hope you don't die by Friday. i would be EXTREMELY sad. i hope you have a wonderful breakfast with sarah. i bought their day old bagels and mae my own city bagel sandwiches. i wish i had sprouts though. i love those on my sandwiches.

i loved getting to go to dinner with you and run with you this morning. i am so proud of you. you are working so hard and have so much dedication. i don't know how you do it with as much pain as your knee gives you. i give you mad props lo.

i know you are going to be busy this week, but i can't go another week doing what we did this past year. i hated that we both were drowning in business. we ARE making time to hang out....even if it is seeing each other for 5 minutes before bed. .....i will come tuck you in. lol. but seriously, i cant not see you at all for the rest of the week, that would be insane. lets make dinner (i make this awesome penne pasta dish with lots of veggies) or go out to dinner (i have a ruby tuesday buy one get one coupon) or we can go to strange brew and study and have coffee!! ANYTHING! ANYTHING AT ALL! :)


i love you so much. i'm glad you are here in starkville.