Monday, June 6, 2011

Early Morning Runs

I love running early in the morning. I love the quiet, the sunrise, the peace, and getting the run in before I start my day. This morning was a little too early, though. My alarm went off at 4:15 and I was out the door by 4:30. After a few minutes of debating whether I should run in the pitch black this early in the morning when no one else is on the road and there are deer and coyotes in my neighborhood, I finally decided to suck it up and run because I knew I would regret it later if I postponed my run until after work. To be honest, I was pretty scared the first 15 minutes, but once I got on a main road I felt much better. It was odd finishing my run before I could see the sun, though. Hopefully, this week is the only week I will have to start my runs before this early.

I am really excited about base training. I will mainly be working on building up my mileage with some tempo-paced runs later in the summer. I really miss my team. There is a group in Starkville this summer that runs together every morning, and I really wish I could join them. Running with others provides accountability and much better quality runs. Hopefully, I can push myself this summer since I am running solo.

2 comments:

Renee said...

i am so glad you are getting in good training! i hope your knee continues to in good standing. be safe running that early. DARK AND EARLY! :P

i miss you so much.

Haley said...

I miss running with you! But you are gonna do great on your own this summer, like you said. I wish I had that to look forward to- coming back to Starkville and being like, baaam! That's right, I worked hard over summer! ha. :)
Yea, you'll be awesome. I'm glad no coyotes attacked you that early! I would def be super scared, ha.
<3