Sunday, November 6, 2011

1 Year

Matt and I celebrated 1 year together this past Tuesday night. We actually celebrated last Friday night since we weren't as busy. He surprised me with some beautiful flowers!



We went to a place in Columbus called J. Broussard's. I had no idea where we were going so this was another surprise!



It is a really nice Cajun restaurant. We started with an appetizer: warm brie topped with brown sugar and sliced almonds. It was so good!


Matt got the Chicken Almandine, which was also topped with sliced almonds.


I got the pecan-crusted catfish, and it was delicious!


 I got him a watch and he surprised me with...


A KITCHEN-AID!!!

The look on my face does not accurately describe how excited I was to get this. I had absolutely no idea that he was getting this for me. It is absolutely amazing. I have already used it to make pumpkin muffins, cornbread, and apple bread. I love it!

This past year with Matt has been so wonderful! I love looking back on the memories we have together and look forward to making many more. He is such an amazing, self-less, thoughtful, caring, godly guy. He treats me so well and I feel like the luckiest girl to be his girlfriend. I am excited to what all this next year together will bring!

2 comments:

Renee said...

SO EXCITED AND SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!

:) that is a gift that will keep on giving!

love seeing you so much lately (more than usual it seems like) I LOVE IT!


i love you so much and happy one year for you and matt. i know it hasn't always been easy, but you two show a lot of peopler what a pure and Godly relationship should look like.

i love you best friend.

Melita said...

Yay! So glad you had a great time. You two are very special! Love you.