Saturday, May 14, 2011

Beginning of Summer

It has been way too long since my last post Life has not been too interesting. I finished up classes and have been home for the past 2 weeks. I have been volunteering in the nutrition department at Lebonheur Children’s Hospital this week trying to get some field experience hours. I will be getting most of my hours at Baptist Memorial Hospital later this summer.

Running is going better. I had to take a week off because of patellar tendonitis (which the doctor said is common after surgery). Because my quad on the leg I had surgery on is still not strong, it is putting stress on my tendon, which is causing inflammation. I am doing a lot of quad exercises trying to regain strength. I have nothing to train for right now, so I am just trying to take things slow. Summer base training, which I love, starts June 1.

It has been an adjustment being back home. I am out of my routine, I have to inform my parents of my plans, and I am not with my friends or teammates. However, there are some great things about being home: I get to see my family and Matt, I get to eat amazing meals, and I can shop at Target ☺

My eating has still been going well for the most part. Since I have been home, though, I have had a few bad nights☹ I think a lot of it comes from being out of my routine and having lots of different food at my house. One of the hardest things I have to do is to not restrict during the day because that keeps the cycle going. I feel like I took 10 steps forward and 5 steps back (which is still progress, at least). I am going to have to get into a routine here at home and set some boundaries so that binging won’t happen. It has felt so great to eat “normally” the past 2 months, and I don’t want to get back into my bad habits. I must remember that it is only by God’s strength. He alone can help me overcome my struggles and break free of my strongholds.

2 comments:

Renee said...

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY YOU ARE ALIVE!!! SO GLAD YOU POSTED!! i am in athens right now. SEC meet is going okay. i really wish you were here right now :/ i'm glad you are enjoying your much needed time at home. tell your family i said hello. i really miss you and can't wait until we finally are reunited. i love you so much.
hugs and more hugs forever.
im glad to hear you are still doing good on the eating. occasional bad points are going to happen, but you are strong and can always bounce back. don't beat yourself up over it. loving you just the way you are!

♥ renee

Damie said...

HEY CHICKIE!!!! Let's meet up for a run this summer and catch up. You are doing great and I am proud of you!!!!